Find out more
Since 2010 there have been over 1.8 million solar systems installed in the Australian residential marketplace. Note: As of 31 March 2018, there are over 2 million PV installations in Australia, with a combined capacity of over 7.8 gigawatts. According to the Clean Energy Regulator, 25% of all rooftop installed capacity has a fault. This is based on the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) figures gleaned from audits the CER conducts each year.
Of these, 4.7% are faulted to be dangerous and need to be shut down until remedied. There is also another approx. 18% of systems with faults that are not dangerous but need fixing in the medium term. Many of these are caused by such things as isolators that are not weather sealed, and through the use of poor quality, early release products, such as cheap inverters which are now failing at the five-year mark.
This is where Energy Stuff comes in
Energy Stuff will review your current system for efficiency and discuss with you what your future needs are likely to be. Only then will we put a proposal to you to achieve that outcome. And that is just the beginning as we will continue to work with you over the years to provide ongoing system support, monitoring advice, future renewable technology news, and exciting new opportunities around new community-based energy network systems.
With proven national supply and service partners across the country, we are well placed to support current system owners and ensure that their system is not just fully functioning but geared to the future. This is when battery storage will become an integral part of most home systems and homes will be connected not just to the grid but to local solar networks that work together to ensure supply and keep costs down.
Interested? Try our free Solar Diary today, and let us help you with cheaper, more efficient energy future – today.
Our Purpose: To bring knowledge and cost savings to average Australians so that they may enjoy better health, wealth, and lifestyle. Making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Customers are the heart of everything we do. Our Customer Charter was carefully and purposefully written to capture from the founders the essential reasons why we established Energy Stuff.
- We believe that the average Australian is disillusioned with big business to the point that they have lost trust in these businesses in providing them with the best information and or a fair deal.
- We believe that the average Australian feels that big business is more about profits and high executive salaries than looking after their clients.
- We believe that the average Australian feels they are trapped between the ever-rising prices of basic commodities and stagnant wage and salary growth.
- We believe that the average Australian wants to play a bigger part in protecting the environment through better energy management and green energy generation.
- We believe our Technology makes it possible for anyone of our Customers to join us in Business and proposer promoting our products and services.
Our philosophy is:
Our Customers come first.
Our total commitment to our customers means we:
- Provide sound information and advice without pressure to buy or a basis to buy
- Provide choice so customers can best suit their unique needs
- Provide Expert opinion to enable to best decisions to be made
- Provide a Human connection because communication is key
- Provide the best deals and cost saving in our chosen fields
- Provide great backup and ongoing support over the long-term
- Keep in regular touch so customers can continue to learn and benefit from our services
We make Stuff Easy!
Our reputation is about being:
- Easy to deal with technology (our Prodigy Platform connects customers to organisations)
- Easy to understand (we don’t confuse people with technical or legal jargon)
- Open and transparent (In our contracts, terms, etc)
Our Stuff is up to date!
We provide fresh insights, products, and services in the following areas:
- The latest thinking and research in our chosen fields (International and Local)
- The latest technology and products in our chosen fields (International and Local)
- The latest systems to better link and communicate with our customers and suppliers.
We Work here because we love what we do!
We only employ people who are:
- Committed to making a difference for the average Australian consumer
- Committed and optimistic for the future and embracing change
- Keen to disrupt the status quo – looking to do things different, faster, and better
- Not willing to take no for an answer when looking to improve our service to customers
- Ethical, Respectful, Engaged, Creative, and Dependable.
Founder & Chief Commercial Officer of Energy Stuff
Lucas is a Senior Executive, with a proven track record in delivering long-term value for many organisations, commercialising disruptive technologies, breaking into new markets in emerging energy and establishing profitable customer relationships.
An avid supporter of Clean Energy, Lucas is at the forefront of Solar and Battery generation and sees the continuing move to renewables and self-sufficiency in both commercial and residential production as being key to our future productivity and energy security.
Lucas has experienced roles leading Businesses in the Energy, Renewable Energy, Retail and FMCG marketplace. Lucas contributed to the success of Samsung’s arrival in Australia firstly as a National Manager – Telecommunications and as the Manager responsible for the Harvey Norman Account. Lucas was both a Harvey Norman Electrical and Computer Franchisee, awarded in 2009 the “Gold Franchisee Award” at the inaugural Global Electrical Franchisee Conference.
Lucas transitioned to the Energy Business in 2010, with Executive responsibility for establishing Sales and Branch offices in the highly competitive Renewable Energy Sector (Solar & Storage), followed by appointment as the Executive responsible for the Sales Leadership at Energy Australia’s Commercial & Industrial Business Sales Group.
Lucas was the founding Managing Director of Yingli Green Energy’s Asia Pacific business and served as the Chief Executive Officer for Horan & Bird and Portfolio Manager Storage & Solar Services at Origin Energy (Australia’s Largest Energy Company).
Lucas supported his early Renewable Energy experience with positions on the board of The Australian Solar Council and The Australian Energy Storage Council, during the most turbulent policy period faced by the Renewable Energy Industry. Today, Lucas is utilising his strategic sales and operational leadership skills to drive revenue, growth and change from sales, service, marketing and business efficiency perspective.
Meet the full Energy Stuff Team here