CUTTING POWER BILLS WITH SOLAR PANELS FOR 650,000 HOMES
Sunday, 19 August 2018: Breaking News: Solar Rebate Program Victoria – Saving up to $890 on electricity bills and receive up to $2,225 in rebate.
From today, Victorians will be able to install a solar panel system and get half of the cost back via a 50 per cent rebate.
The 50 per cent rebate on solar panel systems will be available to Victorians with a household income of up to $180,000 who live in their own home valued at up to $3 million – this means almost nine out of 10 Victorians who own their own house are eligible.
“Solar Homes: 50 per cent solar rebate The Victorian Government is making solar panels more affordable than ever before, for around 24,000 eligible households. Families will only have to pay 50 per cent of the cost of a solar PV system.”
How to take advantage of the program?
Up to $2,225 in rebate. Solar power is safe and reliable and by generating your own solar power, you’ll be reducing your electricity bills.
50 per cent rebate on solar for 24,000 eligible households from 19 August 2018 to 30 June 2019. The Victorian Government is providing a 50 per cent rebate, up to the value of half of an average 4kW solar panel system (which currently equates to $2,225) for eligible households.
Victorian households are eligible to receive a Solar Homes rebate if the applicant:
- » has a combined household income of less than $180,000 per annum before tax (based on the most recent tax assessment notices for the homeowners),
- » is an owner-occupier of a home valued at under $3,000,000 (a copy of a recent Council rates notice will be required),
- » the household does not already have a solar panel system installed,
- » chooses a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product and uses a CEC Accredited Installer,
- » has had an eligible solar panel system installed on or after 19 August 2018, and
- » engages an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a WorkSafe infringement notice in the past three years.
What Energy Stuff will provide to help you claim:
- » The Commonwealth Solar PV STC Assignment
- » The Solar Connection Form
- » The Electrical Work Request
- » The Certificate of Electrical Safety
- » An invoice detailing the size, cost and date of installation of the solar PV system
Energy Stuff Pty Ltd is a fully insured and registered Electrical Contractor. Be assured, our installation, solar system equipment and paperwork all adhere to the strict requirements of this program. We were indeed very pleased to see the Victorian Premier, Daniel Andrews, consider safety when announcing this program. We have been very active over the years talking about solar safety and trying to minimise the impact on Australian home and business customers of the negative effects of such rebates and programs. It is true, in the past, many practices, such as door knocking and certain cold calling techniques have left many customers not really knowing who they are dealing with and what they have purchased.
The team at Energy Stuff are not faceless, like so many are. We proudly have our profiles on our site. Please see our team here.
Call us now on 1300 656 205 or fill in the form to the right to have us call you back.
Don’t just buy a solar system, buy a Smart Solar System.
Click on the image below to see how Smart Solar Works!